Life today often involves competing demands at work, at home and socially. Life coaching can help you restore balance between these demands and help you to make a positive change in your life.
The sort of situations where coaching has been found to help are:
- Raising self awareness
- Setting and achieving life goals
- Preparing for new job roles or interviews
- Prioritising competing issues at home and work
- Improving relationships both socially and at work
- Improving self motivation
- Managing stress and dealing with change.
People who have had coaching identify the benefits as:
- They feel more confident
- Can relate to and influence others better
- They have a much clearer sense of direction and how to move forward
- Have more knowledge of how to cope with busy and stressful times
- They have increased motivation
- They feel more resourceful and can handle change better
In life coaching the emphasis is on helping the client find their own solutions and ensuring a high level motivation as this makes success much more likely. Coaching works through conversations where the coach uses questioning, listening, observation and feedback to create insight and learning.
Coaching is not a way of finding someone else to solve problems. It is based on the principle that an individual is responsible for their life and the results they are getting.
Prior to a first session a client will be invited to consider what goals they may have at work or in their personal life. What they may wish to change. What they would like to be more successful in. What they may wish to do less of.
Contact Ian Ashton today to discuss how coaching can help you make a positive change in your life.